The Punjab and Sind at 1900 approx from a missionary standpoint

This page is made up of scans from a variety of books in my possession. The are dated from approximately 1880 to 1900+. The main source of reference relates to Robert Clark.

I have also included copies of photos in my possession they can be found here.

Feel free to copy and download any of the pictures. Although I believe I own some sort of copywrite I would love to have a link back to these pages.

The clergy at the Consecration of Bishop Lefroy 1899

The key to the photo above. Robert Clark has the long forking beard, centre right.
Lord Lawrence, Sir Herbert Edwardes, Rev H Perkins, General Reynell Taylor, Colonel Martin

Punjab Christian Schools

Map of Punjab and Sind,  Afghan Border

Punjab Missionaries

 
New Testament Revision Commitee


Missionary Converts

Comments

  1. Jol Good evening. We gave at last come across your blog!

    My name is Simon and together with my sister Francesca we are the children of Daphne Martyn-Clark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good. Glad that worked and published ok.

    I am currently in Northern India and shortly to go to Amritsar, partly with a view to discover the legacy of Robert Clark. I understand he is buried there, and also that he founded Alexandra School in Amritsar. I won't be able to visit Clarkabad though as it is now across the border in Pakistan.

    I am keen to have a chat, especially after seeing the photos that you have posted of my mother!

    Being slightly careful of my privacy, you can contact me through www.scorchedearthracing.com contact page.

    Looking forward to who knows what!

    Kind regards

    Simon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tottington 1980 by Lancashire Life

Old Tottington Photographs-postcards

Greenmount Railway station