Loom Women


This picture is one from the archives. There is no writing on the reverse apart from my mother's labelling. I called it Loom Women. Clearly though only one or two of them would be old enough to be considered women. These are 2 cotton looms back to back. They were heavy made of cast iron. I presume that the the photograph was taken in the factory. Clearly a national celebration because of the flags there. The ladies in question are wearing what appears to be their Sunday best too. I have to presume my Grandmother or my Aunt kept the picture because it had family on it. There does not appear to be any cotton worker in my immediate family say 1920s, but that's a guess. Have a close look at the sullen "little" girl in the very middle at the front. As usual the picture has been tweaked a little in PS4 to bring out details. Left the sepia tones as they are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tottington 1980 by Lancashire Life

Old Tottington Photographs-postcards

Greenmount Railway station